The health benefits of eating blueberries, nuts, spinach, oats, and beans are especially associated with the fact that these food are rich in proteins and dietary fiber.
The benefits of eating blueberries include:
- High content of Vitamins A and minerals (zinc, copper, potassium, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc), which helps to prevent neurological disorders.
- High in fiber
The benefits of eating nuts include:
- High in fiber
- High in proteins
- High content in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids that reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol.
The benefits of eating spinach include:
- High content in Iron, which is required for the generation of red blood cells
- High content in Calcium to build and maintain strong bones
- High in proteins (2.9 grams each 100 grams)
- High in insoluble fiber
The benefits of eating oats include:
- Lowers blood sugar levels due to its high content of soluble fiber
- High in antioxidants and polyphenols that prevent damage in the cells caused by aging
- High content in proteins (11% to 17% of dry weight)
The benefits of eating beans include:
- High content in fiber
- High in proteins (19% to 23% of dry weight)
- High content of B-vitamins that helps to prevent infections
Benefits of dietary fiber include:
- help to normalize bowel movement
- lowers cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels
Benefits of high-protein foods include:
- help to reduce muscle loss
- help to maintain a healthy weight
- help to reduce appetite
In conclusion, the benefits of eating blueberries, nuts, spinach, oats, and beans are especially associated with their content in proteins and dietary fiber.
Learn more in: